Blogging is an art. And it takes a great deal of consistency to become a successful one. But it is not difficult to start blogging. With a well-planned strategy, you can ace the game of blogging. I will walk you through a step-by-step process on how to start blogging in 2021.
Decide your niche
Choose a niche you are really passionate about. Blogging is all about expressing what you love with your heart and soul.
Also, remember to focus on a niche that people want to read about or are curious about.
Focus on that niche and express your ideas with your own unique approach. Keep the audience hooked with short stories or instances from real life, related to the post.
Decide the name of your blog
Choose your domain name, you will need to check if the domain name is already taken.
You would want this to be a unique one. But no matter how unique you think your domain name is, somehow it is already taken.
In such cases, use a dash in between two coherent words. Or you can also change it .org or .com, any of which is available or works fine for you.
The name of your blog should be your introduction to what is your blog about.
Do keep in mind that this is where the first impression usually lies. Upon that visitors will find it easier to reach you using a catchy and unique domain name.
Decide your blogging platform
After you have decided on which platform you will register, get hosting for your blog.
Use WordPress for publishing your blog. Register and get hosting from Blue Host. Now choose a theme that will suit your blog.
This will help you in tracking your readers and statistics.
Few examples of free plugins are Yoast SEO and Google Analytics for WordPress.
Start writing your content
Work on your about page, introduction, and contact information.
Remember to make your landing page or introductory page interesting.
Choose or create a logo according to your aesthetic. Add your own picture or a selfie. Make sure the picture you use is perfect so people find it more compelling.
Start writing your main content, focus on your words, and make your content crisp.
Do not forget to add good-quality pictures. Write in an informal and conversational manner so people are hooked right in.
Leave a question at the end of your blog, so people feel the need to interact and engage with you in the comment section.
Share your blog on different social media platforms for a better reach.
You can also collaborate with other fellow bloggers so that you reach their followers too and vice-versa.
If you are a beginner in the world of blogging, try to post every week so that people see that you are consistent with your work.
Monetizing your blog
Once you have a good organic reach, you can start creating space for different advertisers on your page. You can also start selling your own services and products which is related to your blog.
Blogging and earning money from it is a slow-paced growth. It would not happen overnight. Be consistent in your work and you shall reap your profit after a certain amount of time. When you have built your own community, you can also sell your membership.
Make sure you add a disclaimer page if you are advertising or endorsing any other product or service in your blog.
Things to keep in mind before starting a blog
- Blogging is not a way to earn fast cash or get rich quickly. Please do not indulge in such a mantra.
You will never be able to connect to your readers if you see your blog page as a way to earn overnight.
They will be able to see that all you want is the money and not actually blogging.
- When you start blogging, you will build your own community, in which you will come across all types of people.
- Ignore the people who like to talk about your downfall. And hold on to the people who are interested and hooked with your work.
- Identify what your readers or viewers want to see and feed them what they want.
- Customer satisfaction will result in better reach and interaction.
- Be honest and transparent. This does not mean you should be told everything, just keep your work transparent.
- Be consistent and keep in mind that monetizing your blog does not happen overnight.
- It takes a whole lot of planning, strategies, and hard work to build a good community within your blog.
- Trust your work and stay consistent even when you are getting no traffic from your blog.
- Tweak your content and spice it up, this should get you going again.
Hope you find all the steps useful and all the best in your blogging venture.